What makes Enerthing’s IoT products special?
Our IoT products are designed for specific applications and have the following properties in common:
- fully maintenance-free over the entire product lifetime
- Lower cost of ownership than battery powered devices
- powered by ambient light available
- optimized for indoor light (LED etc., also a mix of light sources is possible)
- highly robust by flexible photovoltaic film
- inbuilt intelligent power management
- backup storage for longer periods without illumination
- ready for implementation into partner solutions
The key to a truly scalable asset tracking
- Enables scalable and sustainable asset tracking by making battery replacements obsolete
- Added value by additional sensor data: Temperature, humidity, orientation
- Highly reliable and high-performance asset tracking by intelligent power management
EnerBeacon for better Indoor Navigation
- Makes indoor navigation scalable and sustainable by providing a battery- and maintenance-free Bluetooth beacon infrastructure
- Exceeds the performance of battery powered installations by meeting the iBeacon standard of 100ms transmission rates
- Highly reliable by efficient power management
For easy installation and maintenance free operation
- EnerSense is a Bluetooth based multisensor for sensing of environmental parameters in buildings and industrial environments
- We have already implemented temperature, relative humidity, light intensity, acceleration and magnetic field.
- Exceeds the performance of battery powered sensors by allowing higher of measurements
- Highly reliable by efficient power management
More information about our products
Our EnerTag is a Bluetooth tracking device which is powered by indoor light. Due to the high efficiency of the robust photovoltaic module, the tag operates even at low intensities of artificial light in industrial production environments.
Our EnerTag offers more than only location. Extra energy harvested by light does not only allow more precise and frequent locating, it allows to power additional sensors like temperature, orientation, light and humidity. No question we have taken care of the situations, when no lights hits the photovoltaic module. A rechargeable battery will keep the device alive for weeks or even months, if requiredThe device is equipped with an efficient and intelligent power management which reports the relevant energy and performance status to the tracking platform.
The design of our EnerTag allows easy adaptation to the type of asset, load carrier or other objects to be tracked. The robust photovoltaic module can be tailored to the dimensions of the object as well as the environmental conditions and power requirement for the specific use case.
The tag is compatible with different tracking platforms ranging from coarse tracking based on signal strength and triangulation to more precise angle of arrival location technologies. For more information about tracking platforms read here: Please see our solutions
Our EnerTag base model has the following specifications:
- Power is supplied by Enerthing’s proprietary 10 cm x 10 cm photovoltaic module
- A power management circuit efficiently stores the energy in a rechargeable battery and provides a stabilised voltage to the Bluetooth module
- The tag is equipped with the following sensors: light, temperature, humidity, orientation, acceleration.
- The efficient power management takes the accumulator status and the incident light into account.
- We offer two designs, one sealed, IP67 protected device and one based on a standard case.
Prototypes for evaluation and customization are available now.
Volume Production will start in Q2 2020. Preorder now!
Our EnerBeacon is a Bluetooth device which is powered by ambient light. Due to the high efficiency of the flexible photovoltaic module combined with the efficient power management, the beacon operates even at low intensities of artificial light in commercial buildings, public spaces and industrial productions.
The accuracy and responsivity of indoor navigation and wayfinding is significantly affected by the transmission rate of the Bluetooth signal. Apple Inc. has defined the iBeacon standard which specifies a transmission rate of 100ms. The service lifetime of conventional battery powered beacons for this iBeacon setting is only a few months for coin cell powered devices, which is not acceptable for most applications. In order to reach maintenance cycles of 2-3 years, the frequency is reduced with 300ms-500ms intervals, which already compromises the performance of the service. We have successfully demonstrated the operation of Enerthing’s EnerBeacon running in iBeacon mode at 100ms at light levels as low as 200 lx. This is an illumination condition that will be exceeded in most relevant installations. Read more about illumination conditions here: (Technology Illumination)
Our EnerBeacon enables more than only navigation. Extra energy harvested by light does not only allow more precise and frequent transmission for better navigation. It also allows to power additional sensors like temperature, light and humidity. This can be valuable data collected for building monitoring and control. No question we have taken care of the situations, when no lights reaches the photovoltaic module. A rechargeable battery will keep the device alive for weeks or even months. The device is equipped with an efficient and intelligent power management which reports the relevant energy and performance status.
The design of our EnerBeacon allows easy installation on walls and structural elements. Since no batteries need to be exchanged, the beacon can be installed in places which are hard to access. The robust photovoltaic module can be tailored to the dimensions of the location as well as to the environmental conditions and power requirement in the specific environment.
Our beacon is compatible with various indoor navigation platforms. Please, get in touch for more information.
Prototypes available now. Evaluate now and preorder !
Volume Production available Q2 2020
More information coming soon.